What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

My Saturday Deals

I went to a thrift yesterday. I spent $12.50 but nothing to get excited about. DS got a new bathrobe, denim jacket (courtesy of my Mom), Bahama's shirt and an LL Bean shirt. All brand new looking. He has a huge collection of shirts form all over the world. He's never been anywhere but thriftng!

Went to Dillon's to get some of their ad specials. Louis Rich Hot Dogs were Buy One Get/One Free. That is a good deal, but these are also the very best hot dogs and I have trouble finding them anywhere usually. They also had one of their cheap pop and chips deals going. 24 packs of Pepsi were 2/$10.00. Lays, Doritoes, Cheetoes, Fritoes (anything 'eetos!), etc/ were 4/$8.00. Buy 24 pks. for $10.00 and four bakgs of chips for $8.00 - total $18.00. Then the register takes $5.00 off for a total of $13.00 THEN there is a $10.00 mail-in rebate for a total of $3.00. On some of the 24 packs were coupons for Buy a 24 Pack get a free bag of Lay's. The coupons expired 1/31/06 so I just left it on there. The checker took it off and subtracted one of the bag of chips. I didn't say anything aobut it being expired, because Dillon's has taken expired coupons before if they are on their products and you didn't bring it in. Whne I checked my receipt at home, the checker had actually taken off $6.99 - the cost of the Pepsi BEFORE sale prices. So, it won't even cost me $3.00 for this deal - I will be ahead $3.99.

Super Bowl Sunday is today. I could care less about the game - but we always have a party with the three of us and at lest enjoy the commercials. Yeah - Go WHOEVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers